The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Well-Being
Combining both conventional and complementary therapies, this unique
self-help guide is designed to help you attend to every aspect of your
well-being. Featuring hundreds of full-color illustrations, handy boxed entries
to highlight important information, and extensive cross-referencing, this
must-have reference is divided into nine easy-to-use sections: Preventive
Well-Being; Men's Well-Being; Women's Well-Being; Children's Well-Being;
Restoring Well-Being; Maintaining Well-Being; Lifestyles; Well-Being Mind,
Body and Spirit; and Therapeutic Well-Being. Put yourself on the path to
achieving optimal physical, emotional, and spiritual health with the
wide-ranging information contained here. The Illustrated Encyclopedia of
Well-Being contains vital information on:
* Caring for your sexual organs, skin, immune system, ears, eyes, muscles,
joints and other body parts.
* Preventing cancer and heart disease.
* Impotence, aging, hair loss, fatherhood, prostate problems, weight,
testicular problems, and other common male concerns.
* Breast health, menopause, menstruation, contraception and fertility,
pregnancy and childbirth, beauty treatments, and other concerns of women.
* Accident prevention and first aid.
* Natural and safe treatments for an array of common illnesses, including
depression, headaches and migraines, asthma, irritable bowel syndrome, acne,
arthritis, diabetes, cancers, and exhaustion.
* Healthy eating, exercise, and stress management.
* Numerous forms of healing, including acupuncture, aromatherapy,
herbalism, chiropractic, massage, osteopathy, yoga, and tai chi chuan.
256 pages (all in color), 8 1/4 x 10 7/8.